TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
1) Termination of membership shall take place in any one or more of the following ways:
i) By clear intention expressed in writing to resign membership for whatever cause.
ii) Automatically on the day the name of the member is removed from the Medical Register maintained by the
Malaysian Medical Council.
iii) By expulsion by the Association acting in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Code of Ethics and
Rules of the Ethics Committee prescribed by the Association and binding on all members.
iv) All members of the Council and officers of the Association including Branches, Sections, Societies, Commissions
and Representatives to Government and Non-Government Organisations shall be Malaysian citizens.
2) Provided however:
Resignation shall not affect any liability to pay the subscription due and payable as on the date of such resignation. The Council may in its absolute discretion restore membership terminated under (I) (ii) above upon being satisfied that there were good reasons for the subscription having fallen into arrears, and a tender of all such arrears having been made.
Two years after a member has been expelled from the Association under Article VI (I), (iii), (iv) and (v) and Article VI (3) and By Law XIII, the member may apply to the Council for reinstatement and restoration of his/her membership privileges and make a case for this in writing.
- The Council after studying the member’s representations and interviewing the member may restore his/her membership or reject his/her application without assigning any reason.
- The member may appeal against the decision of the Council to a Special General Meeting or the Annual General Meeting to reinstate him/her and the decision of the General Meeting shall be final.
3) Life membership subscriptions shall not be refundable on termination of membership.
4) The Executive Committee and the Investigating Committee shall conduct disciplinary
inquiries as provided under By-Law X111.